We are often asked what signs are there when we arrive at a meth contaminated property to conduct a test. Unfortunately there is no sure way other than taking swabs and testing the samples but there are a few things that you could look out for:
- Bottles of chemicals or empty bottles often are hard to dispose-of so are dumped around the property.
- Corrosion on floors and walls where chemicals have been spilled.
- Holes in walls or ceilings to provide crude ventilation.
- Power cables and water pipes running to sheds or under houses.
- Camera mounts on eaves and walls.
Neighbours often know about clandestine lab activity but need to be pressed for information as they are often too scared to volunteer what they have seen.